Liteblock for Cheaper Hollow Concrete Block Prices
The plans for our extension are now well and truly underway. What we didn’t realize is here is the Philippines the traditional brick isn’t used or if it is, it’s very rare. We have now found out that the construction industry uses types of Concrete blocks and then they render them.
So after a little bit of research, we found a block that was cheaper,lightstrong, and quicker to install.
Enter The Hollow Block Alterative – Liteblock
To save me trying to explain here’s what Liteblock says:
- LITEBLOCK™ is a lightweight and insulating walling product that is lower in cost and faster to install than conventional alternatives such as concrete hollow blocks.
- LITEBLOCK™ is made of cement and sand mortar and infused with micro air bubbles. The resulting product is then reinforced with 500MPa tension fibers to make it even more durable.
- The installed and rendered cost of LITEBLOCK™ is around 10% lower than that of concrete hollow blocks.
- As per actual on-site experience, LITEBLOCK™ is about 2-3x faster to install than Hollow Blocks. Installation is simple and can easily be taught within an hour.
- ITEBLOCK™ is made mainly of cement and sand, it readily adheres to the regular mortar. The surfaces of LITEBLOCK™ is also textured for added adhesion.
- Liteblocks are safe to use for external walls. Structural computations can be provided upon request.
- LITEBLOCK™ has 5 times insulating properties than CHB. To put it simpler, a 4” thick LITEBLOCK™ wall has the same insulating property as a 20” hollow block wall. This insulating property is what also gives LITEBLOCK™ its high fire resistance of up to 4 hrs.
- LITEBLOCK™ can be cut, sawn, drilled, chiseled, and screwed similar to working with lumber.
- Low water absorption VS Concrete Hollow Blocks
- Lightblock technology has been used all over the world for over 30 years
The above information is taken from the Liteblock Website with their permission.